So far, on our website, we always discuss the uniqueness, excellence, and benefits of watermelons that you might not know about. But in this article, we will discuss general information about storing fruit by freezing the fruit in the freezer. Maybe many people do not know about this technique because this information is actually very good for those of you who store a lot of fruit but are afraid of the fruit being damaged. Especially when we stay in our home for a very long time, in our opinion, you will definitely become more diligent in consuming fruits and vegetables to support your health in a pandemic like this. Okay, many people think that only meat can be frozen.
Don’t forget that healthy drinks mostly for your body, but you also need to refresh your mind by doing some positive activity. One that we really enjoy is playing slot online in Joker123 developed by Joker Gaming as the leading of game company in China especially for gambling games. By using real money, the games excitement is increasing, so we can play slot online in https://yukbola.net/joker123 as our positive activity and still get to earn money.
Not only meat, fruit, and vegetables can be frozen. How to do it, the right way?
- The main principle of the actual freezing process is for preservation. Food ingredients are very easily damaged if stored for a long time at room temperature. With freezing, it is expected that these materials can have a longer shelf life because, in freezing temperatures, microbes cannot multiply.
- Freezing is ideal if Masaklovers has a large stock of food and will not run out in the near future. Rather than being damaged by rot, it’s better to keep it so that you can use it sometime in the future.
- When food is put in the freezer, over time, the water in the food will turn into ice crystals and will cause cell walls to be damaged so that when thawed, the texture of the food will be softer than the fresh conditions.
- Changes in texture due to the freezing process are usually not a problem if the frozen cooked food is cooked, or the food that has been frozen will be cooked further because the cooking process will also make the texture softer.
- Frozen fruits can be further processed into juices, purees, or smoothies so that the soft texture is not a problem. Likewise, frozen vegetables will be further processed, such as beans and frozen carrots, to make soup.
- Slightly different from freezing meat, there are particular things that need to be considered in the process of freezing fruit and vegetables. Fresh fruits and vegetables still have a variety of enzymes that can cause changes (damage) to the color, nutrients, and flavor. This enzyme must be activated first to prevent this damage.
Inactivation of enzymes in fruits and vegetables can be done by:
- Blended, namely by boiling vegetables and fruit at a water temperature of 70-100C for several minutes and then immediately immersing them in cold water to stop the cooking process, which will cause the texture of fruits and vegetables to be soft.
- Soaked in an acidic solution, such as lime juice or lemon juice.
- Blanching process, in addition to making the color of vegetables and fruits more ‘out’, can also be a pre-treatment in killing existing microbes.
- Soaking in an acidic solution (lemon juice or lemon juice) is suitable for fruits that are prone to browning or tanning, such as apples or bananas.
Fruits and vegetables that are usually frozen include:
- Dragon fruit